Terms and Conditions
Last Update: 9 August 2023
In this section it will tell you about the legal terms and conditions that apply to the use of the Teengle website (https://teengle.co/) and our mobile app. Using `we’, `us’, or `our’.
By using the website or app and registering with us You are accepting these terms and conditions and are legally bound by them, creating a contractual relationship between you and Teengle. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you should not use our website. It is important to read them to make sure you understand our responsibilities as well as yours when using Teengle.
Dispute – any claim, or controversy arising from or relating to this agreement.
Notice- any physical or technological use of communications related to this agreement that are provided through Text or SMS, email, or by other means.
- Title to software
Teengle retains the title and ownership of the software and all updates and modifications of the software.
- Site management
Changes may be made to the terms and conditions at any time. Checking regularly allows you to keep up with any changes made and you can ensure you accept them. If you do not agree with any of the changes made then you should no longer use the services.
- About us: description of services
Teengle is a money management scheme for parents and their children (under 18) to collaboratively manage pocket money in an educational environment. This service allows you to monitor spending as well as different features including, saving techniques such as auto saving, round ups, and various monitoring techniques to ensure your children are learning their financial literacy while having their account open. These features/techniques may change from time to time.
- You warrant that all the information you provide for you and your child is true, complete, and current.
- When registering, a password must be created. You are responsible for keeping this password safe and not disclosed to anyone. It should be made specifically for the use of Teengle and should be changed in the circumstance someone else may know it. You must not let anyone else use your password. (Please contact us for more information on our password policy).
- Your child will also be able to choose their own password. This must also be kept safe and not disclosed to anyone other than a parent or guardian.
- For security purposes you and your child may enable fingerprint or facial recognition within the website/app. It is advised that you do not let anyone add their fingerprint or face onto your device so they cannot access your data.
- We will ask you to confirm your email address as well as your phone number to confirm your identity. We may apply additional security checks to help confirm your identity and keep your data safe.
- We may use other software to help us to identify you or any viruses or issues with the service when you access it.
- You must take all reasonable steps to keep your security details safe.
- If your details change, you should tell us as soon as you can.
- Changing your mind
If you set up an account for you and your child with us and would like to change your mind, let us know by calling (+44 7985 636406) or emailing us at email@example.com
- Guidelines for reviews.When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria: (1) you should have first-hand experience with Teengle and our services (2) your reviews should not contain any offensive, abusive, racist or hateful language (3) your reviews should not contain any discriminatory references based on race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability (4) you may not post any false or misleading statements (5) the review should not mention illegal activity.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews at our
We do not assume any liability for any reviews, claims or losses resulting from a review.
- Liability to you:
- Teengle carefully prepared the contents of the service to ensure that as far as reasonably possible all the information is correct at the time of inclusion. However, Teengle cannot guarantee the accuracy of information or that it will be always up to date.
- Restriction of liability:
- Teengle will not be liable to you for any loss or damage you may incur because of any exposure to your password.
- Not liable for any fault or failure relating to Teengle that is a result of unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control which would have been unavoidable. Including but not limited to a fault or failure of data processing systems.
- Not liable for any inconvenience of the site being down due to maintenance, server crashes, or other errors.
- The content and services are provided on an “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. Teengle and third-party providers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind with respect to the content and services.
- Liability to you:
- Member conduct rules
By accessing and using the services provided by Teengle, you warrant that you will only use the services for lawful purposes and will not take part in prohibited behaviour/submission.
Without limitation, you agree not to do any of the following:
- Use the website or services in any way that violates any applicable law or regulation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Teengle, an employee, another user or entity (including but not limited to, using an email address associated with one of the aforementioned).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the website, or in a way that may harm Teengle or its users or expose them to liability (to the discretion of Teengle).
- Use the website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair the use of the website.
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to or interfere with parts of the website, the server or any server connected to the website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Use any information collected from the services to stalk or otherwise harass another.
- Collect or store personal data of other users of the service.
- Use forums as a forwarding service to another website.
- Trick, defraud or mislead us and other users.
If anyone is found to have violated these conditions, penalties such as account suspension will be enforced.
Teengle has the discretion to decide on whether any use or submission is prohibited and may at any time contact law enforcement regarding any actions considered prohibited if necessary. And will provide them with your personal data relating to such behaviour. You may be fined or prosecuted regarding prohibited or illegal use.
Teengle may refer any matter to a law enforcement or court of competent jurisdiction where it is in reasonable opinion that any use of the services is of a criminal or of an illegal nature. Or if it is believed that the conduct may be harmful to the business or to other users.
Teengle reserves the right to terminate your contract without notice and for any reason.
- Intellectual property rights
The Teengle service contains material which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights for (without limitation), text, photos, and trademarks.
All the contents of our website are owned by us or licensed to us and protected by UK and international copyright laws.
Download and print copies of the pages of the service for personal use, or for internal, non-commercial use within your organisation.
Distribute copies to third parties for personal use or for internal non-commercial use provided that Teengle is acknowledged as the source and owner and that their attention is drawn to these terms and conditions.
You may not:
Extract or copy any of the contents of the services.
In any way alter or adapt the text of material on the services or of any material copied or printed off (includes any trademarks or logos included in such material).
Remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material copied from the services.
Create and/or publish any database which features any substantial part of the services.
The terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law. If any provision in these terms and conditions is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable for whatever reason, then the provision will be considered severable from these terms and conditions and will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- Third parties:
You further agree that neither Teengle nor the third-party provider are responsible for:
- The service links to third party services.
- Teengle will only be liable for its own acts and omissions and not for acts or omissions of third parties. Unless in the case where such events were caused by the intent or gross negligence of Teengle.
You agree that, without notice, Teengle may terminate these terms and conditions or suspend your access to the service and content, with or without cause at any time and effective immediately.
If the other party materially breaches this agreement, and such breach is incapable of a cure and will remain uncured after 30 days the non-breaching party has the ability to terminate this agreement.
You agree that your use of the services will be at your sole risk. Teengle expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind as to the Teengle services, including but not limited to, any and all information, content (inc. that of third parties) Teengle is not responsible for any financial decision made by participants using the website/app.
- The software is and throughout the term, will be provided in compliance with any applicable laws.
- The software and licensees and authorised users use shall not violate any laws or misappropriate or infringe any right of any third party.
- Through the term, the software will perform all services required under or related to this agreement, including without limitation; implementation, support, and maintenance in a timely and professional manner consistent with fintech industry standards.
- Dispute resolution:
If a dispute were to arise, it would be handled through means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Depending on the severity of the dispute it may be resolved through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation, starting at negotiation between the company and the client with the complaint. Resolving it this way will allow a smoother process, but it can be escalated if the dispute is not being resolved.
- Contact us:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp us at: (+44) 7985 636406
Between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday